Last date for sending the entry for Metallographic contest is 30-01-2020.
Rules & Guidelines
Any registered delegate, interested in participating in this contest, can send their details to email@example.com
Metallography entries in their final display format should be brought physically by the
participants and submitted at the registration desk meant for 'Metallography Contest'
at the conference venue. Preparation details are given below.
- The micrographs may be in colour or black & white and shall be pasted on a base white
sheet of size not bigger than A3 (preferably on a hard backup sheet).
- On the front side, the entry should contain an attractive caption, brief description of the
micrograph (30 words maximum) & registration number, technique used, specialty
about the photomicrograph.
- On the back side, names and affiliation details of the contestant/s shall be written along
with a declaration that “This is contestant’s original work”.
- Entries with names on the front side are liable to be rejected.
- Micrographs submitted for the contest shall be of good quality with micron marker and
based on the original work of the contestants.
- APMC would like to acquire the 'copyright' on award winning entries and reserves the
right to publish the prize winning entries in APMC News or and any other befitting
- Organisers reserve the right to reject 'incomplete entries' and 'entries not satisfying basic
- An entry shall be done in one of the three categories specified [1. Optical and SEM, 2.
TEM and HRTEM, 3. Other techniques]. Re-categorization will not be permitted once
an entry has been submitted.
- Any registered delegate can submit a maximum of one entry per category, but not more
than 3 entries in total.
- Best Metallography image awards will be presented in the concluding session of
APMC and all contestants may kindly note that their images will be judged.
A team of eminent judges will select the prize-winning entries based on: technical content,
aesthetics (visual appeal) and level of expertise in using the technique, scientific importance
and merits of the entry etc.
Decision of the judges shall be final.